Monday, August 18, 2008

Miss Shanghai's Friend

Posted by thedollcafe at Monday, August 18, 2008


Oh, Mattel, why does this dolly not have a name? She is so cute, and yet she is only Shanghai Barbie's friend. Well, this friend is much more appealing to me than Miss Shanghai. I'm not sure if I'm getting a true picture of a girl in Shanghai but her presentation and accessories are almost like playline plus. These sets are somewhat reminiscent of the Fashion Week giftsets from 2005. I wish Mattel would produce more sets like this with a variety of dolls and accessories. Maybe it's a sign of things to come?

4 comments:

Dollhead on August 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM said...

These are so pretty!!! Where did you find them??? I love the Chandelier on the package insert. Anther Beauiful product form Mattel. Sigh.....

Great Blog!

thedollcafe on August 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM said...

Thanks dollhead. You have to be a member of the Barbie Collector club then you can order the set of two dolls. They are available on ebay too if you want one without joining the club.

Anonymous said...

These dolls are awesome! All playline should look like this! And I agree about the accessories. One of my favorite things about Barbies when I was younger, was finding out thing things were so detailed. Like, a chalkboard you could really write on, a notebook that really opens and has REAL pages. Stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I agree, these dolls are just so beautiful!! Thumbs up on this one, big M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design