Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Doll Cafe Blog is Back

Posted by thedollcafe at Sunday, March 25, 2012
Dear readers, I know it's been a while. I think about this blog every day and today is the day I finally return. You may be aware that The Doll Cafe Facebook page is very active, but if you don't like Facebook, I'll be posting here more regularly.  It just seems that with our Twitter page, and the various Facebook groups I moderate, I have not made the time to post longer commentaries or pictures here on Blogger.  Sometimes, links and those little bursts of news are just quicker to post. 

If you are a Flickr fan, I've been posting at least a dolly pic a day in the the 2012 Dolly Daily so hopefully you have been able to access some of our postings other than the blog.  I am considering posting the dolly daily here as well.  It might be overload if you already read the Facebook page, but maybe if I have no time for news or commentary that might be a possibility.  I've also been active in trying to keep up my collection at Barbie Collector.  That's always a work in progress.  LOL!  I'm not sure I want to know how many Collector dolls I really own but there is a count there now that seems to be growing quite a bit!  LOL!

I'm still as much of a Steffie addict as ever.  Ever since Tokidoki, it's been a little quiet on the Steffie front, but that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of Steffie to keep me busy and happy.  Please be sure to join our Steffie Facebook Group and check out the Steffie Wiki.  It's a work in progress but there are several dedicated members who are keeping up the Wiki in grand style.  It's in need of a little makeover but you can still check it out!

I will be attending the National Barbie Doll Convention again this year.  I'm so happy that the location is just a short 45 minute drive from home. I will be sitting at a table that sounds like it is going to be a blast.  My daughter Steffie is joining me for the first time this year as well as my dear friend Helen.  The theme this year will be the Grand Tour which is fitting because our tablemates are coming from all over and as far as Australia!  I think it will be amazing.

Before I go, I wanted to thank Ada from My Dolls for her help in adding some amazing graphics to our home page and our Facebook page.  She is an amazing graphic designer and she works tirelessly on her website to bring you daily dolly news and pics.  Please check out her page for the latest releases and dolly info.  Thank you all for your comments and support.  I hope The Doll Cafe brings new interesting news, pictures, info and more in 2012 and beyond. 

8 comments:

Unknown on March 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM said...

Hello from Spain: welcome back. I'm glad that You draw back the blog because I'm not fan of Facebook. I prefer the blog. I will follow you back all your updates. Keep in touch

Ada on March 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM said...

Yey!!! I'll have a suprise for you in a couple of days. ;)

Kiss!

thedollcafe on March 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM said...

Thank you Marta. I'm glad to be back! Yes, please keep in touch and let me know if you have any questions!

thedollcafe on March 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM said...

You're the best Ada! You have inspired me to get back to blogging. I love Barbie and all the comments and support make this the best hobby to make the world just a little brighter right?!? Thanks again!

Helen's dollsaga on March 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM said...

welcome back, sandra. I am amazed by your enthusiasm. I am certainly not uploading anything to flickr or BarbieCollector... and I often forget I have twitter... but I remembered it today. lol

have fun blogging!

thedollcafe on March 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

Thanks Helen. I'm trying to turn a new leaf. My Barbies and my Barbie friendships are inspiring me at this time so I better seize the opportunity. They really do bring me a lot of joy! Thank you for keeping up your blog your creations always inspire and amaze me!

Vikki | Cuteek.com on April 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM said...

Sorry I was unable to help with the main landing page in the end, as well as the blog. It looks great what Ada has done anyway and very PINK! :D - Vikki x

thedollcafe on April 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

Thank you Vikki for stopping by. I just need to be more active with the site. Thank you so much for your help and encouragement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design