Wednesday, March 05, 2008

So Many Memories

Posted by thedollcafe at Wednesday, March 05, 2008
One of the things that so many doll collectors share are the memories that a special doll brings. The 1969 TNT Barbie 1160 is one of those dolls for me.

Once I started collecting dolls again I always kept the special memories I had of my childhood dolls very close. This TNT Barbie was one of my first dolls. I always remember having this doll and taking her everywhere. I mean everywhere. She was really my best friend. She even travelled with me to South America when I was eight years old. She brought me a lot of comfort!

I recently obtained this doll again. I had seen many of her in doll shows and even on ebay but I could never find one with the right look. It's hard to find one with perfect hair. Actually, that doesn't really matter to me. I just can't tell you the feeling I had when I first held her. She was a little dirty and even smelled a tiny bit of mildew. That's ok. I gently washed her hair, her arms and legs and even her swimsuit. I made her mine again. It's like we were never apart. I am holding those memories close at this time. I have a lot more friends now and so many more memories, but they will never replace the thoughts and emotions of my childhood "best friend."



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks perfect, as fresh as spring air! true, some Memories last through your lifetime
helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design