Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Doll Week, and Increased Ebay Activity

Posted by thedollcafe at Monday, March 10, 2008
It's the start of a new week and I'm very proud that the work on the Grand Opening continues. I don't want to say much more but I hope that many new and exciting things are in the future for the Cafe.

I've made some changes to my identity over at Barbie Collector. In the five years I've been there I've only had two avatars. The first was Katiana Jimenez Barbie. I guess I picked her because her designer is Latina and I've always thought that doll was so pretty and I wished I looked like her. LOL. I had that avatar from 03 to 06. In 06 I picked the Monte Carlo avatar in honor of my love for the Model Muse dolls and the darker skin tone. I changed again today to the Opal Birthstone from 2003. The doll is pictured in one of my recent posts. It's such a shame that she was the only doll from that collection with that skin tone. She is just so precious. So, I wonder how long it will be until I change avatars again. I am changing my nick there too. I used my real name when I first signed up. Maybe that's not a good thing so I'll post my new nick soon once the change goes through. It's kind of a process, lol.

As if I have nothing better to do, I've been stalking Ebay a lot more than usual. Lol. I'm always looking for cheap mm bodies for donors. It's really hard to beat the current sale on the birthstone dolls at Barbie Collector but I found a lot of five mm bodies that are great for re-bodying. The one that really caused me to "Buy It Now" was a nude 70s Cher. I've been wanting an extra one for ages. I'll keep my original NRFB so I'm thrilled to have one to re-dress. The four other dolls are Marisa Pretty Young Thing, Marisa Beach Baby, Lily Pulitzer and Jeff Gordon. All the perfect skin tones for girls awaiting their plastic surgery. As a bonus I also got the Stacey doll that comes with Lilly. If anyone wants to buy some heads or even Stacey please leave me a comment and I will contact you.

Now here is another of my recent re-bodies. She is 2005 Sears Holiday Barbie on Aquamarine Birthstone's body. Again, just a quick head pop and she looks beautiful in the Aquamarine outfit. She'll probably stay like that for a while. It takes ages for us to redress our girls. She is currently on display in the doll room (Steph's room).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the current price of Birthstones. but their cloth stains. I am in process to remove the color dye on Miss September's body. I'll debox all of my birthstone dolls asap.


helen

thedollcafe on March 11, 2008 at 10:57 PM said...

Eek, I didn't know their clothes stain! Almost every single one of mine are still in their clothes!

Thanks for the info!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design