Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Hope I Don't Regret This

Posted by thedollcafe at Wednesday, March 19, 2008
From time to time I have sold some of my Barbies for varying reasons. At the time I am comfortable with the sale and usually buy another doll I want or use the money for pressing issues. I have decided to part with my Platinum Badgley Mischka Bride Barbie. At the time I bought her I was really into bride dolls and buying bridal dresses and redressing my dolls. A few days ago on the bc.com board I read that a member was seeking to trade the Badgley Mischka Bride for the Platinum Label Monique Lhuillier Bride. She is the blond version of the original doll only offered by FAO. I immediately thought oh, yes! I really want this this doll. But, I stopped and thought about it for a few days. For some reason I always regret selling or parting with my dolls. I don't regret it at the time, but I regret it later. The difference this time is that I will be trading for a doll I think is beautiful and that I've wanted. I was actually watching one on ebay when I saw the offer for the trade. Tonight I made the trade. Miss Badgley Mischka is boxed up and ready for her trip to Minnesota! I think she will be very happy in her new home and I will be very happy to add Miss Monique to my mm collection. I'm thinking this is one Barbie I will not regret parting with. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not sell one barbie that came with the 2004 Cali Guy Blaine when I bought him online. I really don't need her, neither I like her, but when I take her out of the drawer, she seems to pretty to sell her, so I stuff her back into the drawer where she only takes place from other dolls to hide away, as I don't play with her. I even listed her for sale on our Polish board but no one yet wants her.

thedollcafe on March 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM said...

I would keep her. Sometimes I try to sell some things and they don't sell. Sometimes it was meant to be, and then no regrets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design