Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Platinum, Very Desirable

Posted by thedollcafe at Wednesday, March 12, 2008
In the world of Barbie, platinum is very desirable. A Platinum Label doll that is. Platinum Label dolls are exclusive, elusive, and very limited. They are dolls are produced in editions of less than 1,000 worldwide, including premium one-of-a-kind dolls available at select events, like Barbie Conventions. There are also Platinum Label dolls of more widely released dolls like the Carolina Herrera Bride FAO version. The next one I am stalking is Japan, Doll of the World for Asia. She will be a Walmart exclusive. She will be available online and in limited stores. Her production numbers haven't been released but they could be less than 1,000. Her price is still a mystery. She is the Platinum version of the Gold Label Asian Market Happy New Year Barbie.

For today's picture, I think Miss Gone Platinum Diva fits in with all that is Platinum! She has received a new body (of course), courtesy of Cynthia Rowley, and her stunning dress from Lone Star Great. All I can say when I see this doll is Foxy Lady! Here she is originally.






1 comments:

skippercollector on March 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM said...

Hi. Thank you for your comments about my Barbie blog research project. I may someday be able to add the photos I've taken over the years of the dolls I already have, but that will take time. As I said earlier, I stopped collecting new stuff in 1999, so all of my photos are (gasp!) actual photos that I took with an old-fashioned film camera when I acquired the dolls. It will take a while to scan them.
I don't own a 1959 doll, and have only one 1960 doll. After that, I have two or more from each year, and from the 1990s I probably have five to 10 for each year.
And those are just of Barbie herself! My research regarding her family and friends would require another blog, and several more years to do! I suppose that's my next goal. Ask me about that in 2010!
If you want to add links to show where to find some of the dolls' pictures, perhaps I can figure out a way to put them on my blog.
Mary/skippercollector

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design