Friday, March 28, 2008

1593 Golden Groove Gift Set

Posted by thedollcafe at Friday, March 28, 2008
I've become very nostalgic for my childhood dolls. So far I have managed to re-collect two of them. One is discussed in my post from a few weeks ago. Another one of my childhood dolls was Talking Barbie. My doll was from the Sears Exclusive set "Golden Groove" (item #1593). This set features either a blond, brownette or brunette doll. The doll pictured below is the brunette version. I took this picture at the Mattel display of rare and collectible Barbies at the 2006 Barbie Collector convention. I was absolutely amazed to think I actually owned this set once upon a time! I always remembered this set because I thought it was so elegant. The pink and gold snakeskin like material and matching faux mink fur trim were just so impressive to me as a little child. The fur was so soft. I remember running it up against my cheek and being transported into the world of parties and music and adults. The thigh high gold lame boots were the perfect match. They went all the way up the leg right to the edge of the skirt. Much later when I purchased the Barbie Bazaar Mattel & Christmas Catalog reprints I realized that this set that I had as a child was a rare Sears exclusive and highly collectible. I don't think I've ever seen this entire set mint in box on ebay. I have seen the outfit or just the boots, which are the same boots in the Winter Wow ensemble. I stared at this set and took several pictures when I was at the convention because I knew it would be one of the last times I see such a perfect version of my childhood doll set.

3 comments:

Helen's dollsaga on April 1, 2008 at 8:14 PM said...

wish you will be able to bring her home again!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this mod style set. If I could afford it I'd have all things Mod by Mattel.

Anonymous said...

I have this doll, never removed from the box.

Email if interested:

msg93@sbcglobal.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Doll Cafe DOriginal by Ipietoon Blogger Template Designed by AdaB Design